Welcome!

We're four southern girls that love beauty products and fashiony things. Please feel free to browse around and get to know us. Be sure to subscribe to the email feed to get updates about our Makeup Prompt Challenge.



xoxo Ashley, Heather, Mandy, & Jen

Thursday, January 24, 2013

{Ashley} Hair Look - Silver Linings Playbook


I saw Silver Linings Playbook last night. Wasn't sure what to expect of the movie, but it was really good! I can definitely see why Jennifer Lawrence won the Golden Globe, she did a terrific job in the movie.

But of course, part of what I was paying attention to during the movie was Jennifer Lawrence's hair & makeup. The way she was styled really fit her character, with a lot of smoky eye looks and hair pulled back with soft ringlets. Tough, but still slightly girly.

I really liked her hair style and was inspired to try something similar today. While not exactly like her look, I definitely like how it turned out and will probably use for lazy hair days (like today). Steps for how I achieved are below the pics.

Inspiration - Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook





  1. Separated bangs and about half an inch of hair from around my bangs from the rest of my hair. 
  2. Curled bangs & additional section of hair like normal.
    • Using a 1 1/2 inch barrel curling iron, pull a small section out
    • Once reach about half way down the hair I start curling back to scalp 
    • When at scalp, release the claps and turn curling iron toward the scalp to curl the bottom half until reach the end of the hair and release 
  3. For the rest of my hair, pulled it back in a loose bun at the nape of my neck. 
  4. After the bun was secured, went back and loosened up the bun to give it a softer look.  

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by our little blog! So sorry to have activated word verification but we are having major issues with bots.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...