Welcome!

We're four southern girls that love beauty products and fashiony things. Please feel free to browse around and get to know us. Be sure to subscribe to the email feed to get updates about our Makeup Prompt Challenge.



xoxo Ashley, Heather, Mandy, & Jen

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

{Mandy} Smokey Green look

Today at work was our office Pot Luck lunch. I decided to go a little festive and used my Urban Decay Smoked palette for the first time.




I started out with my usual base of Urban Decay primer potion in original. On the lid I used Urban Decay shadow in "Barlust" from the Smoked palette. I barely took that color up into my crease on the outer corner, rounding it to give it a softer look since I knew I'd be using a dark crease color. I applied Barlust using my handy dandy Mac 239 brush.

For my crease I used my Sigma E35 Tapered Blending Brush to apply Urban Decay in "Loaded" from the Smoked palette. It seemed really dark, which is obviously the point of the palette but I wanted to bring out the green a little more so I pulled out my trusty Sugarpill Sweetheart palette and used "Midori" mostly on the outer corner. Then I did a little dance because I loved the pairing of the two colors so much.

My under brow highlight ended up being a mixture of colors. A swipe here and there of Urban Decay shadow in "Freestyle" and "Kinky" from the Smoked palette and Urban Decay in "Sin" from the Naked palette. I blended out my darker edges with a Mac 217, carrying the lighter colors into the inner part of my eye.

On the bottom lash I went for a brighter green liner, wanting to continue the green theme. I didn't want to do a black liner since it's a day time look. The Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on liner in "Graffiti" is one of my favorites and I felt like it worked really well for what I was going for.

I really love the Smoked palette. The colors I've used so far are smooth and blend really well. I can't wait to continue to play with it.


Here's a rundown of everything I used:
Face:
Blush: Urban Decay Blush in "Fetish"

Base:
Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original) - eyes

Lid: 
Urban Decay in "Barlust" from Smoked palette

Crease:
Urban Decay in "Loaded" from Smoked palette and Sugarpill Cosmetics pressed shadow in "Midori"

Highlight under brow:
Urban Decay in "Freestyle" and "Kinky" from Smoked palette and Urban Decay in "Sin" from Naked palette

Liner:
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on liner in "Graffiti" on bottom lash/water line

Brows:
Sigma Beauty Brow Kit

Lashes: 
(top and bottom) Mary Kay Lash Love in "I heart Black"

Lips:
N/A

Brushes: 
Eye Lid: Mac 239 brush
Crease: Sigma E35 Tapered Blending Brush
Under brow bone: Sigma E50 Lg Fluff brush
Liner on top lashes: Sigma E05 Eye Liner Brush
Foundation: Sigma F80 Flat top synthetic kabuki
Concealer: Sigma F70 Concealer brush
Face Powder: Sigma F20 Large Powder
Blush: Sigma F40 Large Angled Contour


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our little blog! So sorry to have activated word verification but we are having major issues with bots.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...