Welcome!

We're four southern girls that love beauty products and fashiony things. Please feel free to browse around and get to know us. Be sure to subscribe to the email feed to get updates about our Makeup Prompt Challenge.



xoxo Ashley, Heather, Mandy, & Jen

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

{Mandy} MPC Eye of the Day - Call me Bubbles

I couldn't decide if I wanted to consider this my look for the prompt challenge. I guess it's summery but it could be a little fall too... Hm. What do y'all think? I believe it's a good candidate since the products I used were part of a Mac Cosmetics summer collection. Plus, bright orange! More than likely I'll do another one this week. Thanks for checking out my look!







I started out with a thin layer of Urban Decay Original Primer Potion. I love this stuff... but one thing I learned way back when is, you have to use it sparingly. If you use too much, blending out your shadow is tough.

After that, in the inner corner I used Mac "Full of Flavour" from the Call Me Bubbles palette  [Shop Mac/Cook Mac collection]. I brought that color over into the center of my lid and up into my crease using a Mac 239.

On the other half of my lid, blending out from the center onto the outer corner I used Mac "Brash" also from the Call Me Bubbles palette. I really love this color. It's sort of coppery and metallic. I'm a big fan of metallic makeup. I also brought the color up into my crease a little. I used a Mac 239 for this shadow as well. I'm a big fan of that brush. I love it so much that I own more than one.

In my crease I used Mac "Fresh Daisy" from the same palette. Applying that with a Sigma E70.

Then I touched up the colors on my lid, to make sure that any of the Fresh Daisy that might have fall onto Full of Flavour and Brash was taken care of. I then used Mac "Call Me Bubbles" from the palette as a highlight color. Love how it's frosty! I used my trusty Sigma E50 for that shade.

I completed my face with the Mac cremeblend blush in "Optimistic Orange" [Shop Mac/Cook Mac collection]. Unfortunately, my full face photos didn't turn out. It was a little cloudy and I couldn't get any good natural light.

Here's a rundown of everything I used:


Face:
Moisturizer: None
Foundation: Neutrogena "Skin Clearing" liquid foundation in "Nude"
Blush: Mac cremeblend blush in "Optimistic Orange"

Base:
Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original) - eyes

Lid: 
Mac "Full of Flavour" (inner corner to middle of lid)
Mac "Brash" (middle of lid to outer corner)

Crease:
Mac "Fresh Daisy"

Highlight under brow:
Mac "Call Me Bubbles"

Liner:
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on liner in "Bourbon" (bottom)

Brows:
Maybelline Great Lash in "Clear"

Lashes: 
(top) Clinique High Impact mascara in "Black"
(bottom) Clinique Bottom Lash mascara in "Black"

Lips:
Burts Bees Lip Balm [I'm obsessed with this stuff]

Brushes: 
Eye Lid: Mac 239 brush
Under brow bone: Sigma E50 Lg Fluff brush
Foundation: Sigma F80 Flat top synthetic kabuki
Concealer: Sigma F70 Concealer brush
Face Powder: Sigma F20 Large Powder
Blush: Mac 109 brush

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Especially the pop of the coral/pink color in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bb! That was my fave part too. Really love those colors. I don't know why I don't use the palette more.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by our little blog! So sorry to have activated word verification but we are having major issues with bots.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...