Welcome!

We're four southern girls that love beauty products and fashiony things. Please feel free to browse around and get to know us. Be sure to subscribe to the email feed to get updates about our Makeup Prompt Challenge.



xoxo Ashley, Heather, Mandy, & Jen

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

{Jen} MPC: Last of Summer

My fave summer looks use corals with golds, coppers, or bronzes. I love the color combo so much that I usually bust it out year round in some form or fashion, so I decided to go with something a bit brighter for this summer farewell. I love the goldenrod color in this look...super intense color payoff that makes a lot of eye colors pop. My eyes are a gray-blue, but with the yellow and coral they look so blue! The Goldenrod does tend to fade during the day (as do a lot of yellows I've discovered) so be sure to use a good eye base...something a bit sticky if you have it, such as a MAC paint pot, NYX jumbo pencil, or Too Faced Glitter Glue. The Glitter Glue is the stickiest of the bunch and a little goes a long way. Let me know what you think!



More pix and details after the break...





Face:
Primer: MAC Prep + Prime Face Protect
Foundation: MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC15
Finishing Powder: Mac Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
Blush: MAC Sheertone blush in Pink Swoon
Highlight: Nars Albatross

Eye Primer:
Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original)

Eye Base:
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
Lid: 
Rather than my usual inner half/outer half or lid/crease approach I tried to do a slightly different shape. Thinking of my lid as a rectangle, I wanted to draw a diagonal from the upper inner corner to the lower outer corner and have two triangles of color...if that makes any sense at all? The shape didn't come out as precise as I had planned, but I liked that the goldenrod was still slightly visible along the outer lashline which was my ultimate goal.
Inner triangle: MAC Goldenrod
Outer triangle: MAC Sushi Flower

Crease:
none
Highlight under brow:
Nars Albatross
Liner:
Upper: MAC Tempting e/s in a thick line
Upper waterline: Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Zero
Lower lashline: MAC Sushi Flower on outer half and MAC Goldenrod on inner half
Lashes: 
Upper: MAC False Lashes in False Black
Lower: none

Lips:
not in the picture, but i used MAC cremesheen glass in Star Quality (a sheer coral color)

Brushes: 
Eye Lid: MAC 228
Blending: MAC 224
Lashline: MAC 208 I also used this angle brush to map out the colors on my lid.
Foundation: Sigma F80 & P80 Flat top synthetic kabukis
Face Powder: MAC 187
Blush: Sonia Kashuk blush brush
Face Highlight: Benefit fantail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our little blog! So sorry to have activated word verification but we are having major issues with bots.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...