Welcome!

We're four southern girls that love beauty products and fashiony things. Please feel free to browse around and get to know us. Be sure to subscribe to the email feed to get updates about our Makeup Prompt Challenge.



xoxo Ashley, Heather, Mandy, & Jen

Monday, September 3, 2012

{Heather} MPC Look: College Colors Day - War Eagle!

If you live in the South, you know that college football is serious business.  If you live in Alabama, you know that choosing Auburn or Alabama is quite possibly the single most important decision you'll ever make.  Marriages, friendships, businesses, and more have lived and died by "War Eagle!" or "Roll Tide!", and the Iron Bowl is more than a football game, it decides half of the state's mood for the next year.


I was born and bred an Auburn girl - orange and blue run in my veins.  As a little girl, I shouted "Go Bo, Go!" and learned how we are the Auburn Tigers, yet our battle cry is "War Eagle!" My earliest career aspiration was to be a professional Auburn cheerleader.  Alas, that was a pipe dream, and while I never actually attended school at Auburn (graduated as a Troy Trojan), my love of Aubie, Spirit, Nova, and Tiger (who alternately live out the school's battle cry of War Eagle! by circling the stadium and landing at midfield before home games; if you ever have the opportunity to see this tradition, regardless of your loyalties, I recommend taking it - it is without question one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, and it never fails to take my breath away), "Eye of the Tiger," Tiger Walk, Toomer's Corner lemonade, and of course, rolling the oaks at Toomer's Corner have never wavered, only grown stronger.  Teaching my nephew and niece "Bodda Getta" when they could barely talk was critical, and "Track 'Em Tigers" wasn't far behind. I get chills hearing the Auburn Creed - "I believe in Auburn, and love it." If you aren't from here, then most of this sounds like gibberish, I'm sure - I highly recommend this article from the Bleacher Report detailing the 12 greatest traditions in Tiger football history.
Aubie!
War Eagle flying before a home game
Toomer's Corner after the 2010 SEC Championship
Cam Newton at Tiger Walk before the Georgia game 2010
Tiger Walk before the Iron Bowl

So, all that said, I was obviously going to be using orange and blue in my College Colors Makeup Challenge look.  The problem is that, for me at least, those aren't the easiest colors to work into my makeup, especially for work.  I tried a look on Friday before gameday, and it was not a winner.  I didn't even bother taking pictures.  On Saturday, time got away from me, and since I was just watching the game at my mom's, I didn't even put on makeup.  So today, I did an after-the-fact gameday look.  It's a bit more bold & dramatic that I would normally wear in real life, but I still liked the end result.


I almost always start with Benefit's Lemon-Aid. The yellow tone helps even out discoloration on my eyelids, and it's a great under-eye concealer as well.  


After Lemon-Aid, I used Devilish Danielle from the The Balm's Shady Lady Vol 2 palette.  Then I used Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Fierce and Tangy on my lower lid - I layered it on to build up good strong color.  Then I added L'Oreal's Infalliable 24 Hour eyeshadow in Midnight Blue for a wide crease, and also as a liner.  


I used Fusion Beauty's Illumicover Line Smoothing Luminous Concealer in Light to even out under my eyes, and then added Make Up For Ever's Smoky Lash mascara in Rich Black to my lashes. All in all, I don't know that I would wear this during the week, or to work, but it was fun to do and I was happy with it. 

Most importantly, though, WAR EAGLE!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our little blog! So sorry to have activated word verification but we are having major issues with bots.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...