Welcome!

We're four southern girls that love beauty products and fashiony things. Please feel free to browse around and get to know us. Be sure to subscribe to the email feed to get updates about our Makeup Prompt Challenge.



xoxo Ashley, Heather, Mandy, & Jen

Sunday, August 26, 2012

{Ashley} Weekend Wrap Up

Sunday. I love/hate you. I'm sitting around right now in my jammies, finishing laundry, watching So You Think You Can Dance from last week (Cyrus, Will, I <3 you) while my dog snores happily next to me. This is the life. However, in about 6 hours I have to face reality that tomorrow is Monday and I have another full, long ass week ahead. Sigh.

Until then, time to wrap up the weekend! Here's what I wore & did yesterday.

Outfit (Boo like the outfit so much she had to join the picture!):
Top: Purple t-shirt from Old Navy, cream vest from Gap, necklace I've had forever and can't remember where I got it!

Bottom: Jean capris from Cato, gold sandals from Rack Room Shoes




Makeup 
Face 
Concealers: Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller, Eve Pearl Dual Salmon Concealer & Treatment (Fair/Light)
Foundation: MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation in NC15, Maybelline Shine Free Loose Powder in Light 01 
Blush: MAC Blush Ombre in "Vintage Grape" 

Eye Base 
Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original) 

Lid 
(all over lid) Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr eye shadow in Fuchsia Fever 
(inner half) MAC Stacked 1! Crushed Metal Pigments in Light Lilac (used water on brush & applied over the Maybelline Color Tattoo to make it "stick")
(outer half) the Balm eye shadow in risque renee from Shady Lady volume 1 
(crease) the Balm eye shadow in curvy cami from Shady Lady volume 1 Highlight the Balm eye shadow in luscious lani from Shady Lady volume 1 

Brows 
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Clear Lashes Clinique High Impact Mascara in “Black” 

Liners 
(top lash line) Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on pencil in "Zero" 
(lower lash line) the Balm eye shadow in jet-setting jennifer 
(lower water line) Cover Girl liquidline blast in lime green 

Brushes
MAC 239




New Shoes
If you follow me on Twitter you'll remember my convo with NKR (Mandy) regarding how I could not spend extra money yesterday. Well, I broke my own rule (shocker) and found these gems at DSW. They were $20 and have a cute sparkle thread throughout that makes them shimmer without obnoxious sparkles on the shoes.


Mirror
Mirror, Mirror, not on the wall - because I need to move it around to get the best light to take photos for this blog! Now that we are doing more looks & such posts, I needed a full length mirror. It was $6 at Target. Here are the dogs (mine is the pug, the grey dog is my roommate's - she's the one I was hating last night for breaking free to go attack 2 MUCH bigger dogs, so much fun) checking it out. Boo was very confused by her reflection.



ORGANIZATION!
I've been on a bit of a beauty buying spree recently, which is why I'm not allowed to spend any more money. However, my organization for my makeup and supplies had been falling apart because I didn't have enough space to store everything. So, I bought 2 hot pink 3-drawer sets at Target yesterday ($9 each!) and got to reorganizing the makeup & other beauty essentials I keep on my vanity.

Reorganized vanity!

New hot pink drawers next to old drawer I was using for makeup.

Bottom 3 hot pink drawers: (bottom) foundation & concealers, (middle) pigments & loose shadows, (top) pan eye shadows.

Top 3 hot pink drawers: (bottom) palettes, (middle) eye liners, mascara, and false lashes, (top) blush.

Bottom old green drawers: (bottom) miscellaneous makeup and old Ulta eye shadow palette I occasionally use, (middle) Zoya nail polish in various colors, (top) Butter London and other miscellaneous nail polish.

Top old white drawers: (bottom) China Glaze & OPI nail polish, (middle) Zoya nail polish in pinks, (top) Zoya nail polish in purples.

My go-to stuff I need every day: lotion, toothpaste, mouthwash, toner, moisturizer, contact solution, and hair STUFF!

Left hand side of vanity bottom old green drawers: (bottom) glasses case, hair clip & wrap to hold hair back, (middle) hair bands I rarely use, (top) jewelry I like but don't use a lot.

Left hand side of vanity top old white drawers: (bottom) hair clips, (middle) pony tail holders, (top) hair clips.

Bracelets on top of drawers on left hand side of vanity.

Jewelry on the left hand side of my vanity. My longer necklaces I actually hang from my curtain rod - do what you have to in a cramped space.

Jewelry on the right hand side of my vanity. I'm right handed so these are the pieces I wear most of the time, including watches, necklaces, bracelets, and my rings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by our little blog! So sorry to have activated word verification but we are having major issues with bots.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...