Welcome!

We're four southern girls that love beauty products and fashiony things. Please feel free to browse around and get to know us. Be sure to subscribe to the email feed to get updates about our Makeup Prompt Challenge.



xoxo Ashley, Heather, Mandy, & Jen

Monday, May 7, 2012

Looks Post - Week of Apr 30th - Ice Cream

We are choosing a prompt a week; a creative way of coming up with new make-up looks so we don't get bored. These prompts can be a word, a picture, theme, color or pretty much anything we think might be inspirational.

We will post a new prompt every Sunday. We (and you) have all week to create something fun then we'll post a new blog entry with our looks at the end of the week. Join us by creating your own look(s) and linking us to it in the comments of our weekly "Looks" post. You can either post it to your own blog or upload to a photo sharing site (such as photobucket).




I went pretty simple this week and I really liked how it turned out. The theme I had in mind was "cherry on top."

What I Used:
Face: Foundation: MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC15 and MAC Transluscent Finishing PowderBlush: MAC Pink Swoon

Eye Base: UDPP in Original
Lid: MAC e/s in Short Shorts
Crease:
 MAC e/s in Passionate
Highlight: NA
Brows: NA
Lashes: DiorShow in Chestnut on top, Clinique Bottom Lash in Brown/Black
Liners: UD 24/7 pencil in Demolition on top, MAC e/s in Passionate outer lower lashline and MAC e/s in Short Shorts on inner lower lashline
Lips: NA
Brushes: MAC 213, Sigma E25



 

I can’t lie, I LOVE this look. While Neapolitan isn’t my favorite ice cream, I love this color combo.

What I Used:
Face: Concealers: Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller, Eve Pearl Dual Salmon Concealer & Treatment (Fair/Light) Foundation: Revlon PhotoReady foundation in 001 Ivory, Maybelline Shine Free Loose Powder in Light 01, Blush: MAC Beauty Powder in "Petticoat", Bronzer: tarte bronzer in “park ave princess”

Eye Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Sin)
Lid: (bottom third) MAC eye shadow in “Louder Please” with MAC eye shadow in “Royal Tour” and elf eye shadow in “Truly Pink” over to lighten, (middle third) Urban Decay eye shadow in “Smog” and “Sidecar” mixed together, (crease) Urban Decay eye shadow in “Darkhorse”
Highlight: elf eye shadow in “Pink Ice” and “Ivory” mixed together with MAC eye shadow in “Short Shorts” over to brighten
Brows: Nothing
Lashes: Clinique High Impact Mascara in “Black” - thank you NKR for make me buy!
Liners: (top lash line) Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on pencil in "Zero", (bottom water line) Rimmel Exaggerate eye liner in “Purple Shock”, (bottom lash line) Urban Decay eye shadow in “Darkhorse”
Brushes: MAC 239 and Sigma F80 Flat top synthetic kabuki
Lips: Ulta lip liner in “Mauve”, Victoria’s Secret Sweet Talk lip gloss in “Cherry Vanilla Shimmer”





Neapolitan ice cream! It isn't as dark in the pictures as it was in real life, which really stinks. WH and I shared a brain this time and didn't even know it. I should no longer be shocked by this.

What I Used:
Face:
Philosophy Hope in a Jar - Foundation: Mac Studio Fix liquid in NW20 - Finishing Powder: Mac Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder - Blush: Mac powder blush in "Pinch O' Peach"

Eye Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original)
Lid: (inner) Mac eye shadow in "Swish", (outer) Mac eye shadow in "All That Glitters"
Crease:
Same as lid
Highlight:
(below brow) Mac eye shadow in "Shroom"
Brows: Maybelline Great Lash in "Clear"
Lashes: Clinique High Impact mascara in Black, Clinique Bottom Lash mascara in "Black"
Liners:
(bottom) Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in "Rockstar" 
Lips: n/a
Brushes:
Mac 239 brush, Sigma E50 Lg Fluff brush, Sigma E30 Pencil brush, Sigma E25 Blending brush, Foundation: Sigma F80 Flat top synthetic kabuki, Blush: Mac 109 brush




 


As I'm coming to update with my look, I'm laughing out loud because we have not once discussed who was doing what for this look, yet I also used Neapolitan ice cream as my inspiration. I debated between Neapolitan and mint chocolate chip all week, and in the end, figured the other girls were more likely to go with something bolder.  Guess I was wrong, huh?  

What I Used:
Face: Foundation: Make-Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation #117, Make-Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder, Blush: Too Faced Girly Show


Eye Base: Benefit's Lemon-Aid

Lid: All over: Too Faced Pink Peacock, Brow Bone Highlight: Too Faced Silk Stockings
Crease: The Balm Mahna Mahna (from The Muppets palette)

Brows: Do they look like I've done anything at all to them???
Lashes: Dior Diorshow in Black
Liners:  The Balm Mahna Mahna (from The Muppets palette)
Lips: n/a

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ladies!! Funny how minds work. I was thinking of doing Neapolitan as well, but something swayed me in the other direction. Here is my contribution. It's only one pic :o( but you'll get the idear. Hope you are all doing well ♥

    http://www.allaboutdawnie.com/2012/05/colorful-me-ice-cream.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by our little blog! So sorry to have activated word verification but we are having major issues with bots.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...