Welcome!

We're four southern girls that love beauty products and fashiony things. Please feel free to browse around and get to know us. Be sure to subscribe to the email feed to get updates about our Makeup Prompt Challenge.



xoxo Ashley, Heather, Mandy, & Jen

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Looks Post - Week of Mar 4 - Fruit


We are choosing a prompt a week; a creative way of coming up with new make-up looks so we don't get bored. These prompts can be a word, a picture, theme, color or pretty much anything we think might be inspirational. We will post a new prompt every Sunday. We (and you) have all week to create something fun then we'll post a new blog entry with our looks at the end of the week. Join us by creating your own look(s) and linking us to it in the comments of our weekly "Looks" post.


We're a day late posting this past weeks looks. With work travel and a hurt foot a couple of us have had an 'exciting' week.

Fruit: Peaches (and Cream)
What I Used:
Face: Foundation: MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC15 and MAC Transluscent Finishing Powder, Highlight: NARS Albatross (LOVE!), Blush: MAC Pink Swoon

Eye Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original)
Lid: MAC Short Shorts (inner/middle), MAC eye shadow in Goldenrod and MAC eye shadow in Perky (outer)

Crease: MAC eye shadow in Soft Brown
Highlight: I don't think I did one
Brows: nada, although i should fill them in
Lashes: (top) DiorShow in Chesnut (bottom) Clinique Bottom Lash in Brown/Black
Liners: (top) Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Demolition, (outer lash) MAC eye shadow in Passionate (this showed up better in person, but was still somewhat subtle)

This wasn't quite as intense as I had originally planned (forgot the NYX jumbo pencil layer before I started!), but I actually quite liked the way it turned out. I thought the color combo was pretty. ~v_t




As much as I love the name brands, I used a lot of drugstore/Target brand products for this look. I think it turned out really cute!
Fruit: Green Apple
What I Used:
Face: Concealers: Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller, benefit boi-ing concealer in 01, elf Under Eye Highligher Foundation: Revlon PhotoReady foundation in 001 Ivory, NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder in Translucent, Blush: MAC beauty powder in "Alpha Girl"

Eye Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original)
Lid: (inner corner) elf custom eyes shadow in "Ivory", L’Oreal Paris Project Runway Audacious Amazon’s Gaze palette (used the green)
Crease: Urban Decay eye shadow in "Chronic"
Highlight: elf custom eyes shadow in "Pink Ice"
Brows: N/A
Lashes: NYC Show Time Volumizing Mascara (Waterproof) in Extreme Black
Liners: (waterline and top lash line) Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on pencil in "Zero", (bottom lash line) Rimmel London Exaggerate Eye Definer in "Purple Shock"
Brushes: Sigma E55 and elf shadow brush, Sigma F80 Flat top synthetic kabuki



Because I LOVE fruit. Seriously, beyond grapefruit and raspberries, there isn’t much fruit I don’t like. Only thing I don’t like about these colors is by end of day, the yellow and green were not distinctive.
Fruit: Citrus
What I Used:
Face: Concealers: Concealers: Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller, benefit boi-ing concealer in 01, elf Under Eye Highligher Foundation: Revlon PhotoReady foundation in 001 Ivory, NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder in Translucent, Blush: MAC beauty powder in "Mighty Aphrodite"
Eye Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original)
Lid: L’Oreal Paris Project Runway Audacious Amazon’s Gaze palette (yellow for inner 1/3, green for middle 1/3, and orange for outer 1/3)
Crease: N/A
Highlight: elf custom eyes shadow in "Pink Ice"
Brows: N/A
Lashes: NYC Show Time Volumizing Mascara (Waterproof) in Extreme Black
Liners: Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on pencil in "Zero"
Brushes: MAC 239 and elf shadow brush


I wasn't completely happy with this one. I couldn't get it to look the way I envisioned in my head.
Fruit: Pineapple
What I Used:
Face: Moisture: Philosophy Hope in a Jar - Foundation: Mac Studio Fix liquid in NW20 - Finishing Powder: Mac Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder - Concealer: Eve Pearl Salmon in Light/Medium (best concealer EVER. I've not been sleeping good and I tend to have dark under eye issues anyway. it's a little pricey but I caught it on hautelook for like... 50% off)- Blush: I spent so much time on my eyes, I ran late and forgot about my cheeks. FAIL all the way around. I'd planned on using a bronzer.

Eye Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original)
Lid: Mix of Sugarpill pressed shadow in "ButterCupcake" and AVON Quad in "Vibrant Spice" (used the gold shade); with Mac eye shadow in "Sweet & Punchy" in inner corner (click the photos to see the green better)
Crease: Mixture of ButterCupcake and Sugarpill pressed shadow in "Flamepoint"; overlapping with AVON Quad in "Caribbean Sunset" (used the brown shade)
Highlight: Mac eye shadow in "Sweet Joy" and a sweep of Sugarpill pressed shadow in "Tako" all over, to blend the entire look
Brows: Maybelline Great Lash mascara in "Clear"
Lashes: Clinique High Impact mascara in Black, Clinique Bottom Lash mascara in black
Liners: (top) Tight lined with Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on in "Bourbon" with Smashbox Jet Set waterproof gel liner in "Midnight Mahogany" on top lashes; (bottom) Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on in "Mildew"
Brushes: Mac 239 brush, Sigma E50 Eye Liner, Sigma E50 Lg Fluff Brush, Sigma F30 Lg powder brush, Foundation: Sigma F80 Flat top synthetic kabuki,

So... I did more than one this week. Because it was fun and there are so many bright options when it comes to fruits!




Fruit: Blueberry
What I Used:
Face: Moisture: Philosophy Hope in a Jar - Foundation: Mac Studio Fix liquid in NW20 - Finishing Powder: Mac Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder - Concealer: Eve Pearl Salmon in Light/Medium - Blush: Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in 130 Tropics

Eye Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original)
Lid: Mary Kay eye shadow in "Peacock Blue" and Sugarpill loose shadow in "Royal Sugar"
Crease: Mac eye shadow in "Sky Blue" (to blend out the darker colors); Mac eye shadow in "Floral Fantasy" (purple) in the inner corner (click a photo to enlarge and see the purple better)
Highlight: Mac eye shadow in "Shroom"
Brows: Maybelline Great Lash mascara in "Clear"
Lashes: Clinique High Impact mascara in Black, Clinique Bottom Lash mascara
Liners: (bottom) Urban Decay 24-7 glide-on eye pencil "Ransom" in the inner corner to the mid-way point; Urban Decay 24-7 glide-on eye pencil "Binge" from middle to outer water line
Lips: Mac Lipglass in "Mimmy" (from Hello Kitty Collection)
Brushes: Mac 239 brush, Mac 217, Sigma E50 Lg Fluff Brush, Sigma F30 Lg powder brush, Foundation: Sigma F80 Flat top synthetic kabuki, Blush: Mac 109 brush,

This last one is a weekend look. I love my red shadow and don't get to use it often. I had a hard time with it this time -- ended up messing it up while tight lining and had to redo one eye. It was annoying. But I like how it turned out in the end. I wish the pictures showed how bright the look was.




Fruit: Cherry
What I Used:
Face: Moisture: Philosophy Hope in a Jar - Foundation: Mac Studio Fix liquid in NW20 - Finishing Powder: Mac Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder - Concealer: Eve Pearl Salmon in Light/Medium - Blush: Mac powder blush in "Darkly My Dear" (Venomous Villains collection)

Eye Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original)
Lid: Sugarpill pressed shadow in "Love+"
Crease: Sugarpill pressed shadow in "Love+" blended up, overlapped with Mac eye shadow in "Swish", with Mac eye shadow in "Carbon" (outer corner)
Highlight: Mac eye shadow in "Pen n Pink"
Brows: Maybelline Great Lash in Clear
Lashes: Clinique High Impact mascara in Black, Clinique Bottom Lash mascara
Liners: (bottom waterline) Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on pencil in "Zero", Love+ applied with a small tapered blending brush

click to enlarge


This was not a good week for me to try anything new…between an ankle not healing well after surgery and traveling for work, I was pretty lucky to get enough makeup on every day to avoid scaring people. I took the easy way out and went with Grapes – I say easy, because I use greens and purples very regularly. I tried to change it up from what I usually do, and I wasn’t really thrilled with the end result. Unfortunately, the week didn’t allow for a take 2, so here it is. My “What I Used” isn’t terribly helpful, because I picked up an E.L.F. palette at Target the other day, and all the eye shadows I used were from it – the problem is that they don’t actually have names. So I took a pic of the palette and highlighted the colors I used.
Fruit: Grapes
What I Used:
Face: Foundation: Make-Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation #117, Make-Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder, Blush: Nars in Orgasm

Eye Base: Benefit's Lemon-Aid
Lid: elf palette - Lighter green, blended very well (top green in the palette pic), Lighter purple (bottom purple in pic)
Crease: elf palette - Darker green (bottom green in the pic), Darker purple (top purple in the pic)
Highlight: N/A
Brows: N/A
Lashes: Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara - Black
Liners: (bottom) MakeUp Forever Aqua Eyes Liner in 11L (top) MakeUp Forever Aqua Eyes Liner in 20L


Did you create a "FRUIT" look this week? Share it with us in comments!!

3 comments:

  1. Heather - How do you like that elf palette? I've been looking at those but wasn't sure of color payoff. I use the couple of colors I have but more for brightening inner corner & highlight.

    NKR - I LOVE the blueberry look! So stinkin cute!

    Venti - I'm with NKR, I might need to look into that Dior mascara. WOWZERS girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WH - I've only used it that once, so I don't really know yet. I have some other shadows from them that I like a lot, but on that look, the bright colors didn't seem to hold up all that well. But that could also be bc I was so tired that I rubbed my eyes, so I don't feel like it's fair to go by just that. But I'll let you know once I use it a little more.

    NKR - I love the Blueberry! I thought about doing that myself, but didn't have a day to pull it off well. Now I'm glad, bc mine wouldn't have been half as good as yours!!

    All - I love DiorShow - it's easily one of my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh heh maybe I can quit my day job and be a mascara model :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by our little blog! So sorry to have activated word verification but we are having major issues with bots.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...