Welcome!

We're four southern girls that love beauty products and fashiony things. Please feel free to browse around and get to know us. Be sure to subscribe to the email feed to get updates about our Makeup Prompt Challenge.



xoxo Ashley, Heather, Mandy, & Jen

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Looks Post - Week of Mar 19th - Under the Sea

We are choosing a prompt a week; a creative way of coming up with new make-up looks so we don't get bored. These prompts can be a word, a picture, theme, color or pretty much anything we think might be inspirational.

We will post a new prompt every Sunday. We (and you) have all week to create something fun then we'll post a new blog entry with our looks at the end of the week. Join us by creating your own look(s) and linking us to it in the comments of our weekly "Looks" post. You can either post it to your own blog or upload to a photo sharing site (such as photobucket).






What I Used:
Face: Foundation: MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC15 and MAC Transluscent Finishing PowderBlush: MAC Blushbaby

Eye Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original), Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue under pigment only
Lid: Inner half: MAC e/s Gesso, Outer third: UD Deep End (from 15th anniversary palette - middle left in product photo) with MAC e/s Royale on top, Inner 2/3 of lower lid: MAC Crushed Metallic Pigment bottom color of Surf the Ocean
Crease: UD Deep End
Highlight: none
Brows: none
Lashes: Buxom Blue Noir
Liners: Upper (from outside in): UD 24/7 pencils in Binge, Deviant, and Flipside, Lower: MAC e/s Aquadisiac
Lips: none
Brushes: MAC: 213, 228, 226, 224, 266, Sigma: E25

Photos don't to justice to the metallic pigment...very mermaid-y in person! ~v_t


What I Used:
Face: Concealers: Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller, benefit boi-ing concealer in 01, elf Under Eye Highligher Foundation: Revlon PhotoReady foundation in 001 Ivory, NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder in Translucent, Blush: MAC beauty powder in "Alpha Girl", Bronzer: tarte bronzer in “park ave princess

Eye Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original)
Lid: (bottom third) Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eye shadow in “Fierce & Tangy” with MAC eye shadow in”De-Vil” over, (inner corner) MAC eye shadow in “Sun Blonde”, (outer corner) MAC eye shadow in “Shimmermoss”
Crease: Urban Decay eye shadow in "Adore" with Twilight Volturi loose eye shadow in “Frost
Highlight: elf custom eye shadow in "Pink Ice" mixed with MAC eye shadow in “Sand & Sun”
Brows: Urban Decay eye shadow in “Naked”
Lashes: Maybelline Falsies Volum Express mascara (Waterproof) in Very Black
Liners: (bottom water line) Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on pencil in "Zero", (bottom lash line) MAC eye shadow in “Shimmermoss”
Brushes: Sigma E55, elf shadow brush and “C” brush, Sigma F80 Flat top synthetic kabuki



My inspiration -- because ya know, 'under the sea' made me start singing the song
I don't have plans to leave the house today (Saturday) so I'm just going to admit that I did HALF of my face. I'm not thrilled with it but I'm too lazy to do anything else. I did play with gel liner after I took these pictures but didn't feel like it added anything to the look so I didn't reshoot. Sorry about the nearly up the nose on the half face shot.
What I Used:
Face: Moisture: Philosophy Hope in a Jar - Foundation: Mac Studio Fix liquid in NW20 - Finishing Powder: Mac Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder - Concealer: Eve Pearl Salmon in Light/Medium - Blush: Mac powder blush in "Pinch O' Peach" with a light layer of Mac Mineralize Blush in "Moon River" for iridescence

Eye Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original)
Lid: Beauty from the Earth loose pigment in "Jaded"
Crease: BFTE "Jaded" and Mac eye shadow in "Floral Fantasy"
Highlight: Mac eye shadow in "Shroom"
Brows: (which look craptastic today) Maybelline Great Lash in "Clear"
Lashes: Clinique High Impact mascara in Black, Clinique Bottom Lash mascara in "Black"
Liners: (bottom) Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in "Ransom" (top) none
Lips: Mac lip liner in "Brick", Mac lipstick in "Russian Red"

Nail color of the week Zoya "Rica"



  
 
This is definitely not an everyday wearable look for me; I tried a look yesterday and it was a disaster, so I started from scratch today. And since I'm not planning to go anywhere, I got a little more adventurous than normal. End result was a bit too dramatic, especially with my extremely fair complexion (i.e., reflective), but it was fun.
What I Used:
Face: Foundation: Make-Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation #117, Make-Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder, Blush: Too Faced Wanna Play

Eye Base: Benefit's Lemon-Aid
Lid: All over: NYX Vanilla Sky, the turquoise color in L’Oreal’s HiP Duo Showy, edged lash line with Wet n Wild Lagoon
Crease: NYX Blue Marine, the darker blue in L’Oreal’s HiP Duo Showy
Highlight: N/A
Brows: N/A
Lashes: Benefit They’re Real mascara in Black
Liner: (bottom) NYX Electric Blue Pencil, (top & bottom) NYX Frosted Ocean shadow, (inner corner) Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Dime

8 comments:

  1. Venti - How is the shadow insurance? I've wanted to get for my loose/crushed metallic pigments but wasn't sure how it would work. Love the look!

    NKR - You make me want to try red lips. I've never been a red lips person, but I love the dramatic effect.

    Heather - LOVE your look! That blue looks amazing on you! I think if you used maybe the blue as an accent color or liner with a softer nude shadow you could make it more wearable for you. Of course, I don't care, I'd totally wear that look to work and just give the boss the "bitch please" look if he said anything.

    BTW - I'm wearing blue nail polish this week, Zoya Tallulah. Yep, don't care what they say. It's either crazy nails/eye makeup or let me have pink hair. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo prettttyyyy!!! i love the blues and greens! they are my favorite colors to mix and match!!

    NKR: i am dying to try "russian red". it's been almost 2 years and i still haven't got it. ngl, i might've lusted a bit lol

    here is my contribution...
    http://allaboutdawnie.blogspot.com/2012/03/colorful-me-under-sea.html

    can't wait to work on this week's prompt :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @wolfh00r

    I haven't used it a ton, but so far so good. It definitely has a tacky feel to it so it makes sense that it holds onto the loose pigments. My pigment lasted longer than I'm used to, although still not as long as packed shadows. I give it a thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @WH & Dawnie I need to figure out how to get that many colors on my lid! When I try that, it just turns muddy. I guess I'm overblending.

    @NKR HA! I started singing that too as soon as we picked this prompt.

    @heather I agree with WH! Another tip for bright or intense colors is to keep it really low on the lid so it pretty much only shows when you blink...like a flash of bright color. That's what I do when I don't want to go as bright for some reason.

    On that topic, we have a site visit from our client tomorrow and i'm rocking a very sedate neutral nail polish as a result. still very pretty, but not as bright as i usually go in the spring. butter London Yummy Mummy. It's a great light taupe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right now I'm sad that we scratched Vegas, bc clearly I need days with y'all & your makeup to help my technique...you're all so much more precise than I am! I love all these looks - they were such fun colors to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Heather62981

    I feel a makeup road trip weekend coming on. We could go a lot cheaper by getting together somewhere in our neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  7. V - I try to use the same brush when I'm doing lots of colors and start with lightest first and go to darkest, that way some of the last color remains on the brush and I can blend a little as applying. I keep a dry washcloth on counter to rub off excess before moving to next color. Sometimes it works, sometimes I doesn't, but I love mixing colors! Definitely going to have to try out the glitter glue. I have beautiful crushed metal pigments but just never use because of not having something tacky enough for them to stick against.

    H - I see a rendezvous weekend in ATL needing to happen at some point now! ;) Twist my arm to get together and play with makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. VT: I am actually complete opposite of WH. I am a firm believer of dividing the lid into 3 parts. The outer is the darkest, middle is lighter, and the inner is generally for your lightest/metallic/sparkly shades. So, no matter what, I have 3 shades on my lid pretty much all the time. After applying my primer or base, I start my eye by doing my crease first, then apply the outer lid color and sweeping the extra shadow into my crease for depth/blending. After that comes the middle lid which is my lighter shade and i pack it on. it is much easier to touch up outer or inner lid so getting the middle lid is most critical to me, then the inner lid which is normally a pigment for me so little sweeps at a time help me have better control. My ultimate goal for each eye is for it to appear gradient and like WH said, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... A trick i learned a while back when blending 2 shades, say you have half of the lid blue and the other half pink. where the shades meet on the lid, take a matte white/ivory/cream color and do a slight windshield wiper motion to blend the white color into each shade. it softens the harsher liners and helps control blending. I hope that all made sense lol.

    As for a makeup weekend, I am all over this!! ATL sounds great, but so does Destin... lol jk.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by our little blog! So sorry to have activated word verification but we are having major issues with bots.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...