Welcome!

We're four southern girls that love beauty products and fashiony things. Please feel free to browse around and get to know us. Be sure to subscribe to the email feed to get updates about our Makeup Prompt Challenge.



xoxo Ashley, Heather, Mandy, & Jen

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Looks Post - Week of Feb 26th - Cotton Candy

Original Prompt Post is located here

We are choosing a prompt a week; a creative way of coming up with new make-up looks so we don't get bored. These prompts can be a word, a picture, theme, color or pretty much anything we think might be inspirational. We will post a new prompt every Sunday. We (and you) have all week to create something fun then we'll post a new blog entry with our looks at the end of the week. Join us by creating your own look(s) and linking us to it in the comments of our weekly "Looks" post.

What I Used:
Primer: UDPP Original on whole lid and under lower lashline
Base: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk all over lower lid
Inner third of lid: MAC Swish
Middle third of lid: MAC Beautiful Iris
Outer third of lid: MAC Styledriven
Crease: MAC Swell Baby (gray satin)
Brow highlight: MAC Short Shorts (ivory frost)
Top eyeliner: UD 24/7 pencil in Uzi with MAC Silver Ring e/s on top
Extreme inner corner: UD 24/7 pencil in Dime
Lower lashline: mirrored e/s on lid
Top mascara: MAC Zoom Lash in High Esteem (gray)
Bottom mascara: Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara in 02 Black/Brown
Aside: These pix are from the end of the day. I was rather impressed with the staying power of the look, because pastels tend to fade on me. I think the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil really helped. ~v_t


WH's turn! Here's my cotton candy inspired look! Note, most of the pictures are from the end of a VERY long day. Please forgive bags and faded makeup.

 
What I Used:
Brushes: MAC 239 and UD Shadow brush
Primer: UD Primer Potion in Original
Lid:
All over - essence holografics in 03 Prismatic White
Highlight - MAC Vellum
Inner 1/3 of lid - MAC Suave Intentions
Middle 1/3 of lid - MAC Her Alter Image
Outer 1/3 of lid and brow up to highlight color - MAC Royal Tour from Dame Edna palette
Bottom waterline liner: UD Zero
Lower lash line liner: Cover Girl liquid line blast in lime green (no color on pencil)
Mascara: Maybelline Falsies Volum Express Waterproof
Blush: MAC Sakura

I didn't use an eye liner on my top lid because I wanted to let the soft colors stand out.


Now I remove & pass out! <3 WH





This is my take on 'dark' cotton candy
What I used:
Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion
Lid: Mac Bell Bottom Blue pigment
Crease: Mac Sky Blue eye shadow at the edge toe blend out BBB, Mac Floral Fantasy (purple)
Crease Outer Corner: Mary Kay Sweet Plum eye shadow
Highlight: Mac Pure White pigment
Liner (bottom): Urban Decay Binge
Mascara: Clinique bottom lash mascara in black, Clinique High Impact mascara
Face: Mac Studio Fix fluid in NW20 and Mac transparent finishing powder; Mac Stark Naked blush
Brushes: Sigma E30 Pencil brush, Mac 239 brush, Sigma E45 Small tapered blending brush, Sigma F30 Lg powder brush, Sigma F80 Flat top synthetic kabuki, Mac 109 brush,




And finally, my take on Cotton Candy. Let me preface this by saying that I'm clearly the biggest amateur here, both in makeup application and picture taking!



What I Used:
Base: Benefit's Lemon-Aid
All Over Lid: Estee Lauder Pink Ice
Crease/Lid: The Balm Muppets' Curtain Call
Top Liner: The Balm Muppets' Great Gonzo
Bottom Liner: Trish McEvoy Definer in Grey
Corner Liner: Urban Decay Dime
Mascara: Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara - Black
Face: Make-Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation #117, Make-Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder, Too Faced Girly Show Blush (not that it's visible here, but hey, why not?)

The Great Gonzo liner is actually pretty thick, and a lot more visible than in these pictures. I'll get the hang of the pictures one of these days (maybe).

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the NYX Milk Jumbo Pencil. LOVE.

    It's gorgeous bb!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's such a great tool! totally pops the colors. and i love that it doesn't break the bank :D

      Delete
  2. Also, love that you used Swish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WH, Love the lime green pop on the bottom!

    NKR, I want your eyebrows! JS. Love the contrast b/w the BBB and FF. Prettyyyyy!

    H62981, Love the Gonzo as liner! And you did a lovely job with the makeup AND the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @venti_turtl Thanks! It's funny that you say that. I have a co-worker that thinks I go get them done and I just say I'm doing it myself LOL My mom told me a couple of nights ago "I hate you. Your eyebrows always look good."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by our little blog! So sorry to have activated word verification but we are having major issues with bots.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...